Easy to implement logic fix

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    A block (like a door or a light) connected to a logic block (like a button) shouldn't be activeable directly by the player (by pressing R) but only using the logic system.
    What's the point of a locking system if you can still open the door?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    A block (like a door or a light) connected to a logic block (like a button) shouldn't be activeable directly by the player (by pressing R) but only using the logic system.
    What's the point of a locking system if you can still open the door?
    I love the idea. I think this should be applied to all doors (including forcefields) except the regular and probably glass ones if a blast door counterpart (transparent, only logic-triggered in this case, doors) is implemented.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    it should be applied to all activeable blocks imo

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd say that rather than this being the default behavior in this circumstances, a logic block which prevents player interaction when on should be added, so that we have proper control over when this occurs. Or perhaps this behavior could be the default, and the aforementioned logic block would enable a player to activate the logic-linked door/light in question when the block is on, if that would make things easier.
    Either way, there should be options for this behavior to be more precisely controlled than it just effecting every logic-linked door, light, or other block.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can not for the life of me imagine a situation where I would want to allow a door/light to be changed manually after I have gone thru the effort of hooking up logic switches. Any situation I can think of has the logic activator right next to the door anyway. Do I use the switch which is linked to the door overrides and controls? Or the knob which could possibly evacuate all the air (and me!) into space? Tough choice...

Frankly, I don't understand why a manual control was ever even implemented.

Having said that, I'll back Heillos in making it optional. Just because I don't understand it doesn't mean someone else should be limited.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ...Frankly, I don't understand why a manual control was ever even implemented....
    Logic is actually a fairly recent development in StarMade's history. Before that, those blocks could only be manually activated and deactivated.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I tried to tweak the blastdoors because I always found it soo annoying every door can by bypassed by someone of the faction. But in the end in could not be toogled by logic neither.

It needs to be implemented, even if we could keep ONE kind of door hand-toogleable for minimalist builds

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Great Idea!

I vaguely recall some one from schine (kupu was it?) said something to the effect that restricting player input for doors (minecraft style iron doors) would be difficult atm to implement but not impossible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Preventing manual activation of blocks by default is a bad idea, because what if I have a logic-based hangar door, but have to open it from my ship with the activation beam?

What's about self resetting Activation-Modules? They are meant to be activated by hand.

I see the need of preventing manual activation from blocks, but be careful with the implementation.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You mean like a button?
    No, i mean like bidirectional linked Activation-Module f.e. for a hangar. While open the module is on. All over the ship are accesspoints and it doesn't matter where you press the button, you will see the status everywhere.
    One could make that by a button + a indication light, sure.