Easier Save/Export/Import of Stations

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It's easy to save a ship blueprint at a shop and download it from the server on which you play to your computer. Why isn't there a similar mechanic for stations?

With the station contest that ended in August I started thinking about the different bases I had built on public servers. They were pretty cool, but I couldn't get access to the blueprint files so I couldn't enter them into the contest. There should be a way to save stations without having to request a server's Admin email it to you.

I'm not sure how much of a lag it would cause to allow players to spawn premade stations all over the galaxy, but if there were a station block that appeared when you press 'M' you could tie in the blueprint system there.

Block- Station Core:
    Cost 1 million (which is the current price to spawn a station anyway). Press 'R' to enter the block and see the list of station blueprints tied to your account (like the normal catalog menu for ships). Select one for purchase and the station will spawn as soon as the necessary chunks are clear. Perhaps as a HUD, the chunks get outlined like docking areas: red if there is an obstruction, green if it's clear.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    There are plans for a better system for saving and spawning stations. However i have no idea what those plans are, just that it is planned.