Earth Authority Flotilla 27

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Looking great so far :)

While i really like your Siberia class crusier, i feel the front end of it is a let down, it just doesnt look like it matches the quality of the rest of the ship in my opinion. So i\'m glad that the front of your battlecarrier is looking substantially more impressive, its shaping up to be a very good looking ship.

Reaction score
    The fact that the front end of the Siberia has much less detailing is because it\'s supposed to look like its covered in solid armour. This is the section that people live in, after all. The Ceres\'s Command section is the same, and the Vesta\'s engine section will also be a lot more detailed than its front end.

I think the problem you\'re having is that the Command section on the Siberia is so much bigger than the Ceres\' that it makes the effect a lot more noticable. The unusual shape and the markings of the Command Section were supposed to carry it, and I\'m sorry if it doesn\'t.

To prove what I\'m saying, here\'s the plan I had for it:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/020/1/7/siberia_class_lac_by_reddwarfiv-d5s4oke.png

You\'ll notice that, aside from lines that tell me where the hull changes shape, there aren\'t many details on the front end of that. As I said, it\'s because it\'s covered by armour.

If you have any suggestions for how I could make the Vesta\'s front end look better without changine the aesthetic too much, please mention it.

Reaction score
    A number of turrets have been fitted, including the Vesta-Heavy turrets. Large amounts of hull have been replaced with lower-grade stuff that\'s cheaper. The shields should hold where the hull wouldn\'t.

If you\'re wondering why those larger turrets haven\'t moved when the smaller ones did, that\'s because they don\'t power themselves, instead the internal space is taken up mostly by shield systems. Power will be taken from the battlecarrier itself, which will for cost-saving and maintenance reasons have docked power reactors instead of embedded ones.

Size comparison: