DynMap for StarMade?

Reaction score
    Similar to DynMap for Minecraft servers.

This sounds like a slam-dunk idea, to me.

Anyone else think this would be cool?

I searched the forums, and couldn't believe nobody has said anything about this.

Discuss?!

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Starmade\'s only been explosively popular for a little over a week now, someone will do it sometime in the future once the required API\'s and functions have been officially added to the game.

Remember that Starmade is a 3D universe however, so a comprehensible browser map is a little harder to make than Minecraft\'s 2D surface world.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ingame pres \'P\' and you get to see a overview of the universe, and then you pres \'shift\' to see you inmeadite chunks you can drag this around in 3d.

and if your wandering what is up and what is down, you back out to flight-mode and hold \'C\' till you stop and now your in-sync whit the map.

hope this helps

Reaction score
    I completely agree with everything you said, and I can\'t wait! :D

Reaction score
    I did already know that, but others may not...

Anyhow, I still think DynMap (or a variation of) would be cool...

Reaction score
    In the list of Features a Star Map was planned. With the \'P\' key map, I\'m sure that\'s an early version of it. I would imagine in the future this will be expanded on, so I wouldn\'t worry too much.

I can see different variations of radars/minimaps that would be similar to DynMap, then you have the option of a 3D map that\'s already in-game, that will be improved on I\'m sure.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    here comes the epic bumb...

Do you know the datum format? 06/../2013 means a day in the middle-months of last year - 8 months ago now.

BTW: I would like the yyyy-mm-dd format much more - it is also better in sorting files after date and name in your explorer.