• Nope, i dun like this because......

Votes: 7 77.8%
    • Nope, i have a better solution/suggestion

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Currently if i am not wrong(i am not sure...), Both rail docked entities
    and rail turret have a 50% shield coverage support from main entity. But this is very OP
    for huge ship, making it almost impossible to take down turrets with smaller ship !!

i think there should have an equation between turret size and shield from main entity.
    Many be a block count ratio, so small turret can't share as much shield as large turret at the same ship.
    And with same size turret, turret on small ship will have more shield provided than large ship.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    No, I'd rather have the suggestion we just came up with in chat:
    - Stays as it is for turrets*
    - Non-turrets even get mothership protection all the time

*Reasoning: you are meant to use fleets against huge ships. Assault frigates to tear down the shields by half, and bombers to ensure victory by doing a turret bombing run immediately after to keep the frigates safe while they reload their alpha ion damage weaponry. Phased combat. Small ships are not meant to take out huge ships even in numbers, a mix of small and medium ships is.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Agreed. Small ships are not supposed to stand a chance against large capitol ships.

(skip to 16 seconds in)

A fleet of small ships whittling the capitol ship down from Death by a Thousand Cuts, yes. Being able to jump in a shuttlepod and just start picking off turrets? No thank you.

There's a reason you don't send two rednecks with a .22 in a fishing dingy after a battleship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Agreed. Small ships are not supposed to stand a chance against large capitol ships.

(skip to 16 seconds in)

A fleet of small ships whittling the capitol ship down from Death by a Thousand Cuts, yes. Being able to jump in a shuttlepod and just start picking off turrets? No thank you.

There's a reason you don't send two rednecks with a .22 in a fishing dingy after a battleship.
    yes you should send hundrets of them to be effective but i don't think thats possible in starmade

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    To be fair, if you factor in the forever pending HP system, Shields should only ever last half the battle, so at 50% the turrets only have shields for 1/4th of the battle (probably closer to 1/3rd though). It's a good number for turrets I think.

The reason it is that way for other docked things (I dunno what to call it now, railed things?), is because you can slap on a Bobby AI and get a fully functional, independently firing weapon (How fixed dock weapon modules used to work), so the nerf is understandable there. But most people will be using it for more cosmetic things, so maybe 80-90% for railed things. (Makes boarding easier if you can just blow off their fancy rail door without rekting the ship).

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Somalian pirates on line 1, they'd like to have a word.
    Somalian pirates are attacking unarmed civilian craft. They're not going up against the U.S.S. Arizona.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Somalian pirates are attacking unarmed civilian craft. They're not going up against the U.S.S. Arizona.
    That's true, however more civvie ships in the area are beginning to carry mercs aboard for that very reason.

I shouldn't have been so sassy, forgive me :oops:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    That's true, however more civvie ships in the area are beginning to carry mercs aboard for that very reason.

I shouldn't have been so sassy, forgive me :oops:
    Yea, and there's been a phenomenal drop in piracy off the somalian coast for that very reason :p. It picked up elsewhere though, sadly... (closer to asia iirc)