Dynamic, personalized skins

Reaction score
    I'm currently fiddling around with a php script that allows skins to be generated with user-defined colors and customizable text (like name tags or factiontags) in them.

Like this:

Note: I'm using the plexbot skin only as an example until I've created something more suitable myself, this isn't optimized for it yet.

I'll probably include a small interface where you can select the skin, text and colors you want and the script should then generate the downloadable skinfile.

Depending on how much spare time I have, I expect this to be fully working in the next few days. Do you guys have any ideas on that?

Also, if anyone is interested in creating skins with this technology, here is what you need:
    • _dw files remain unchanged
    • _diff files are split in two parts
    1. The regular texture now uses alpha (everything with an alpha value will be colored with the custom colour)
    2. (optional) you can use a seperate shading-file that gets applied (with multiply) to the texture (by the script) AFTER recoloring it.
    3. xy coordinates, width, height and angle of any text areas
    I'll post more precise specifications when I have it all running. :)

Edit.:
    Here's another quick example:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Neat!
    Though I think the names should possibly be on some sort of tag.
    Also, have you considered adding rank stripes at some point?

Reaction score
    Hmm, interesting idea.
    Maybe I'll include shoulder patches that can be either picked from a pre-made selection or uploaded.