Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Magical Weekly Bump of Bumpyness™ :P

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Magical Weekly Bump of Bumpyness™

I wonder where all of the discussion has gone, used to be so vibrant here! :P

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Yup, the focus seems to have shifted away from universe improvements to the upcoming rails I think... My universe compilation (including this idea in it) has died in the same way too.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yup, the focus seems to have shifted away from universe improvements to the upcoming rails I think... My universe compilation (including this idea in it) has died in the same way too.
    We can only hope that the suggestions survive to the point of at least being recognized to the devs, they however are most likely busy making rails work as best as possible, so we will have to wait and see. :P

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Post-Rail-Apocalypse Bump of Bumpiness. :P

Seriously, what happened to the discussion? This suggestion used to be popular!:P

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In have now added in three more ideas onto the overall suggestion, hopefully they're met with good responses.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hopeful Bump of Hope.

The Council NEEDS to see this, they at least need to understand how much this could add to the game. :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Agreed, a meaningful universe is pretty much the prequisite to many aspects of in-game communities and reason to play. I suspect something like this (although simpler) is on it's way with the AI overhaul that's somewhere beyond the horizon. I just hope it's built for customizing and to be able to make the factions different from each other.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes. Please. Someone put something on this thread to say that it is officially recognised. please. pleaaase.

Not necessarily in the exact way described in the OP (definitely too many factions I would want 5 personally) but the universe needs some kind of story, even if it is a completely non-linear, sandbox ,open world, make up your own mind about it, kind of story it needs something to interact with other than other starmade players.

The customisable weapon thing should be dropped though. getting far more complicated than it needs to be. just make each faction prefer the use of the weapons that are already in game. in fact they should probably prefer an entire array of systems, not just weapons. for example one faction uses cloaking alot. another faction uses overdrive alot and have fast ships and another faction just makes big, tanky ships, etc.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes. Please. Someone put something on this thread to say that it is officially recognised. please. pleaaase.

Not necessarily in the exact way described in the OP (definitely too many factions I would want 5 personally) but the universe needs some kind of story, even if it is a completely non-linear, sandbox ,open world, make up your own mind about it, kind of story it needs something to interact with other than other starmade players.

The customisable weapon thing should be dropped though. getting far more complicated than it needs to be. just make each faction prefer the use of the weapons that are already in game. in fact they should probably prefer an entire array of systems, not just weapons. for example one faction uses cloaking alot. another faction uses overdrive alot and have fast ships and another faction just makes big, tanky ships, etc.
    Personally, I would want somewhere between 15 to 20 factions, so this would most likely become an option in the config.

I explain the benefits of the customizable weapon system, a LOT, on the main post, if you are unsure of anything involving, I would suggest looking at the arguments there, as there is a way (which was discussed) to prevent over-complication, especially in the creation of the weapon blocks (blueprint calculates capsules required, only requires these capsules to create the block, not the individual modules)

The council saw this long ago(well, at least I did)
    :D

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Magical Hopeful Bump of Bumpyness.

There aren't any rules in bumping (at least from what I've seen) and this thread is a perfect example to create some bumping rules. :P

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yet ANOTHER Bump of Hopefulness. :P

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Yet ANOTHER Bump of Hopefulness. :p
    Why does it seem like no-one except a select few care about improving the universe anymore? In any case I like these ideas except for the customisable weapons - they seem a bit too complex.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Bump of Hope for Devs Recognizing This. :D

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Come on, at least Bench has to say something after all of these bumps. :P

Reaction score
    This is already planned, in a way. Omni(I believe) has stated before that there will be some sort of Galactic Federation and possibly some other factions- the extent of procedural generation/immersive interaction I do not know.