Dual-Star System

Reaction score
    I don't know if this is supposed to happen or not, but it was awesome nonetheless! In the picture is one of my newest ship builds, the CRS1-NOVA, which I may release online once I've perfected it.

Screenshot from 2015-11-05 18:30:48-edit2.png

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yep, binary systems are rare but happen. Usually both stars are the white (from my experience), so I'd say you got pretty lucky. Now I really want to see a binary blue star system...

You can actually spot them by searching in the galaxy map :D

Reaction score
    Yep, binary systems are rare but happen. Usually both stars are the white (from my experience), so I'd say you got pretty lucky. Now I really want to see a binary blue star system...

You can actually spot them by searching in the galaxy map :D
    Awesome! Now you've got me searching...:D

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yep, I think I found a 10 planet binary system at one point, It was before Aetherion Crashed and Burned. Made it my faction's HQ because it was so strange.

Reaction score
    Yep, I think I found a 10 planet binary system at one point, It was before Aetherion Crashed and Burned. Made it my faction's HQ because it was so strange.
    Just wondering (but I think the answer is most likely no): Do binary stars orbit each other?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Just wondering (but I think the answer is most likely no): Do binary stars orbit each other?
    In game stars don't move but in reality multiple stars orbit a center of mass not each other.