Drone systems failing to deploy/ NullPointerException when attempting to launch the system

Reaction score
    I've spent a bit trying to get these to work, but to no avail. The Drone Deployment Unit was meant to be a single use, "press a button and it launches" sort of thing. Single tests with the standalone unit 'usually' succeed, though I've had more than a few times where the game bugged and what was meant to be a forward shootout rail at the end just... didn't happen. I've also had previous iterations of the system actually delete four of the drones due to an error. Anyhow...

The Goliath Mk2 is my 'heavy' ship, at 65Km. Not amazing for most people, but it's the best I can do. :p

The problem is, when trying to simultaneously launch all 14 unit systems, there is a server error and only a couple deploy their drones, with even less actually detaching from the ship. My only guess is that too much is going on at once... but the problem is that I get the error if I press the button again, so once it glitches it's impossible to actually launch the units. (Going into the ships manually to hit their activators doesn't work, either, apart from detach it from the ship)

It's never the same drones that fail, and it's the same Bp for all of them... so why is it that only a few end up with the shootout rails not deploying properly?

Edit: attached another .sment file, Drone Deployment Unit Mk2, which attempted to isolate the drones to prevent them from getting stuck in one another on the rails. This setup however resulted in most of them being lost to NaN position errors.

Edit 2: I've got 'something' working... but again, the wireless logic is breaking. I go in, link everything, Save the ship and immediately after I TEST IT to make sure it works. Clean deployment, and no issues.

I adminload the ship in again, but this time several wireless logics unlink themselves in the process. This can be seen in the .sment "Goliath Mk 2 Full Drone", the fourth file I've attached.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: nightrune