Drone Carrier Logic

Reaction score
    If I wanted the Trading Guild and Pirates to have Carriers and launch drones how would I go about giving their carriers automatic or AI functional launch capabilities? Also is it possible to have a blue print saved with the main ship core set with an active AI module?

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You could use an enemy detection system like this;
    http://starmadedock.net/content/enemy-detection.2938/
    Personally, I suggest the more compact second version; http://starmadedock.net/content/enemy-detection-model-ii.2967/, which is also more reliable, I believe.

Also is it possible to have a blue print saved with the main ship core set with an active AI module?
    If you turn on the AI, and get in a build block on the same ship, I believe you'll be able to save a blueprint without the AI turning off. I don't think this is necessary for mobs though; if a ship is spawned as a mob, it will be under the appropriate AI control by default (I think).

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The AI while controlling the ship will only use the weapons and not anything else so you'll need either a timer or an enemy detector to trigger the release of the drones.

Reaction score
    I have my own minor logic idea in mind but I'm having trouble. How do I get the drones to release? Should I be triggering the rail docker with a logic module instead of the rail/rail axis?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I have my own minor logic idea in mind but I'm having trouble. How do I get the drones to release? Should I be triggering the rail docker with a logic module instead of the rail/rail axis?
    To get anything to undock you simply have to send a high pulse from an activator (a few other logic blocks work as well, but activators are reliable) that's not adjacent to a rail.