Drill/Mining Core and Block

Reaction score
    Well, i see there is a salvage tool, and a explosive block, but how about adding "Drill/Mining" Core and weapon/block/tools??

I mean, i have a ship, and i want to pass throught and asterois/planet/rock/(or simpli destroy other ship XD), but with contac. Well in fact the required thing for this will be the contact, you will need to make contac with the other thing for damange, or mine it.

I think the requeriment of hit the thing, WITH THAT PART OF YOU SHIP!!!! do the balance for this weapon/tool. Also this thing cant go throught hardened block instantly (but the rest yes) i think 150 Damange on hit will do this well.

Well i think this is need for ship assaults, and for make my destroyer_4A ship go througth asteroids, with out the need of shoot missiled to them XD also it will add more ways to play, and make little ships be a more reliable option versus the bigger and harder to maniobrate ships.

Also player weapons will make this a lot better :D and make the assault thing really intresting :D

Please tell here you opinion.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, id have to disagree,
    look at real life, you may be able to have mining probes and all this, but youre not going to send out a manned ship with risk of being damaged while the pilot is inside.
    I think it would be cool to have some sort of \"remote controlled\" probe kind of core, which would allow for manned missiles, and then you can use the explosive thats in the game to just make a very powerful probe, and a probe to land on planets/asteroids is nice and all, but then again, this defeats the purpose of self-exploration

what i would really like to see be done with the salvage laser, is the ability to have a \"thicker\" laser. like if i have a ton of beams next to eachother, i can mine like 4 blocks at once, (which is possible, but youd have to leave one block empty) if you get what i mean, great, if not, sorry xD

either way, the idea is..ehhh, but i could see SOMETHING be done with it..