Drill mines

Reaction score
    This concept is meant to be integrated to the upcoming weapon revamp - replacing one of the mine or missile types to improve on the diversity of mechanics.

While most mines perform better as the target's surface area increases (higher chance of hitting) this one would have a bonus against more compact ships. Instead of exploding on the surface , it would attempt to drill through the ship , much like the current streams of antimatter. It would then detonate after a set timer , or once closest to the core.

Unlike other missiles and mines , it would cause significant shield damage until drilling blocks becomes possible , but the explosion would be wasted if shields do not go down.

Much of the damage would also be wasted against hollow ships , as they may well detonate in the middle of an empty hangar , and hit nothing due to their relatively lower radius. On the other hand , full volume ships would lose lots of blocks around the drilling trajectory on top of the inside explosion.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    And(if this type of mine does not change it\'s movement from collisions[clips through anything]) it\'d just be a timed mine, that\'s countdown is activated on impact with something.

I like it, theoretically easy to implement, would make the game more fun and won\'t be overpowered.