• Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Drill block is a ship block that can be used for 2 purposes

1. Mining ( self explanatory)
    Cheaper than a salvage beam but needs allot of energy

2. Entering an enemy base:

I actually made a picture for this
    So Imagine there 2 huges ships, I took down their shields and thrusters,
    I could destroy their ship with my lasers... or take it over from inside out with me my friends and the crew.
    This can be achieved with drill blocks and a tunnel on rails

TAKEOVER.png

Reactions: badmojo

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I believe this type of thing has been suggested before, Did you look through the old suggestions?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Could just use some warheads. Might be more exciting as well. I'm not sure if we will ever use a drill block. I don't think it will be a pretty site when you collide your super salvager with a planet to mine it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The Drill block is a ship block that can be used for 2 purposes
    1. Mining ( self explanatory)
    Cheaper than a salvage beam but needs allot of energy
    View attachment 20163
    This is the only option I'd be okay with. As for drilling into a station, no. That's what the torch is for. It has to be done as an astronaut, and is the only thing that balances out the OP nature of this tool.

Reaction score
    Could just use some warheads. Might be more exciting as well. I'm not sure if we will ever use a drill block. I don't think it will be a pretty site when you collide your super salvager with a planet to mine it.
    What about a weapon system that shoots say only 5-10 meters and bypasses shields, but doesnt deal a ton of damage, ay a max of 10 dps? That would be freaking awesome for boarding. Though then you have the fact that theres no way to dock to a hostile ship. Wish you could grapple to their hull or something. and then tunnel through it. Guess its time to go look to see if this has been suggested.

Reactions: GreenScrapBot
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What about a weapon system that shoots say only 5-10 meters and bypasses shields, but doesnt deal a ton of damage, ay a max of 10 dps? That would be freaking awesome for boarding. Though then you have the fact that theres no way to dock to a hostile ship. Wish you could grapple to their hull or something. and then tunnel through it. Guess its time to go look to see if this has been suggested.
    Here's the thing... The torch bypasses shields, making shields useless when attacked with a torch. The astronaut has no shields, making the attacking unit easier to kill (even if it's small). Also the astronaut moves slowly. The astronaut can also only destroy one block at a time.

Ships have shields, move quickly, and any number of modules can be placed on a ship. With your proposal, a huge ship could be made with massive shields that could rip massive holes in a station, totally bypassing shields. This would make pretty much any weapon system or shield system pointless. Just make a massive station-sized ship, ram it into a station, and poof: station is gone.

I don't see how your idea would be good in any way, shape, or form. I'm also not too thrilled about the idea of astronaut cloaked for this reason as well, as it would allow a lone astronaut to sneak past turrets. I also would like to see the torn have a a time limit before it actually begins doing damage, a heating-up period to allow drone ships or NPC patrols to deal with an attacker.

Reaction score
    Here's the thing... The torch bypasses shields, making shields useless when attacked with a torch. The astronaut has no shields, making the attacking unit easier to kill (even if it's small). Also the astronaut moves slowly. The astronaut can also only destroy one block at a time.

Ships have shields, move quickly, and any number of modules can be placed on a ship. With your proposal, a huge ship could be made with massive shields that could rip massive holes in a station, totally bypassing shields. This would make pretty much any weapon system or shield system pointless. Just make a massive station-sized ship, ram it into a station, and poof: station is gone.

I don't see how your idea would be good in any way, shape, or form. I'm also not too thrilled about the idea of astronaut cloaked for this reason as well, as it would allow a lone astronaut to sneak past turrets. I also would like to see the torn have a a time limit before it actually begins doing damage, a heating-up period to allow drone ships or NPC patrols to deal with an attacker.
    I think you misunderstood my idea. I am saying for the drill to be a static amount of damage. But I do agree that the station part would be a issue either way. Though I still think there needs to be some sort of ship grappling method. Say for a shuttle to dock to another ship and then the crew attempts to torch through the hull. I would love this kind of play.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'd say make this more of a ship based version of the torch when going up against shielded targets. Shields could drop the damage to 2 or something but not stop it completely.

The mining side of it is good too. :)

Reaction score
    Though i image without a way to forcefully docking to a enemy ship it would be next to impossible to actually use a drill. Unless you have a strong enough emp to waste all their power or a powerful enough stop effect to fully stop them.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Though i image without a way to forcefully docking to a enemy ship it would be next to impossible to actually use a drill. Unless you have a strong enough emp to waste all their power or a powerful enough stop effect to fully stop them.
    Could always fly at the same speed and direction they are. It isn't hard to sync flight with another ship but it does take a certain type of person to hold that position and speed well. :) Practicing high speed boarding with my faction sometimes to get them use to trying to fly and board at the same time. Takes a good pilot and not getting too close to the popoff speeds. :)

Reaction score
    If its pvp its next to impossible. the enemy ship can just rotate and bam you cant hit the same spot.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    If its pvp its next to impossible. the enemy ship can just rotate and bam you cant hit the same spot.
    lol done it with warheads and a cloaker so why should this be any harder? :P

Reaction score
    o cloaker. nice. I still think i would want a way to forcefully dock to a ships hull and then torch through it. If we get that and a drill like torch weapon for ships, that would be awesome.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    o cloaker. nice. I still think i would want a way to forcefully dock to a ships hull and then torch through it. If we get that and a drill like torch weapon for ships, that would be awesome.
    Maybe some type of sticky block, that makes the ship stick to another ship (but power is draining so only for max a minute, and your cannons would stop working in that time) so you can torch in and kill anyone on board

Reaction score
    Maybe some type of sticky block, that makes the ship stick to another ship (but power is draining so only for max a minute, and your cannons would stop working in that time) so you can torch in and kill anyone on board
    o thats a good start of a idea. Some sort of sticky/docking/grappling block, have it cost power, maybe the shields should go down too to use it? That way big ships wouldnt want to use it just shuttles?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    o thats a good start of a idea. Some sort of sticky/docking/grappling block, have it cost power, maybe the shields should go down too to use it? That way big ships wouldnt want to use it just shuttles?
    Maybe call it the magnet block? and the shield thing is perfect! that would make the tunnel (which is a ship on rails) vurnarble