Draw Distance issue, maybe?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    So I keep on encountering this random darkness, it appears as if my draw distance is only set at 5 blocks. I can see logic and display screens at a further distance but that's all. My draw distance is at 3500 (anymore and I get a random JVM crash, but on previous versions I could have it at max) This is about the third time this has happened and the only way I could fix it is to completely re install starmade.

I'm playing version 1703 on the ignite server. But same issue in single player, so obviously client side.
    MaxDrawsegments: 3500
    Shadows: off
    All other settings at default

here's a gif of what it looks like. I'm walking on a beam in the interior of my station, and normally there would be a massive wall visible in the distance.

Im pretty certain this is just some silly user error here but any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Quick Edit: Going into the folder and deleting settings.cfg then starting back up appears to act as a faster fix than just re-installing.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Do you have simple lighting on? I had this issue as well when I turned on simple lighting.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I didn't think about that, thanks for catching that. But its currently off, and toggling it back and forth didn't do anything except make the blocks even more transparent when turned on.

Edit: Quickly changing your settings in game makes you crash a lot which makes the other people on the server question your mental stability.

Last edited: