Read by Schine DRADIS-LIKE BLOCK

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    A block that, on one side of it - like the display module, shows the MiniMap. So it will be similar to Battlestar Galactica's DRADIS in the CIC, shows any ships within sensor range, their tag, so hostile, enemy, neutral.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sorry, as a BSG fan I have no other option than to tack my like onto this post.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Sorry, as a BSG fan I have no other option than to tack my like onto this post.
    As do I, and maybe have the more blocks in a square the bigger it gets? Like, have a 5x5 display and it has more exact locations or a slightly longer range when slaved to a scanner computer/array? The bigger the sensor the larger the range, and bigger the screen the more exact.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    As do I, and maybe have the more blocks in a square the bigger it gets? Like, have a 5x5 display and it has more exact locations or a slightly longer range when slaved to a scanner computer/array? The bigger the sensor the larger the range, and bigger the screen the more exact.
    I would love to have a tactical display like that on my ships!

Reaction score
    As much as I liked BSG's Dradis, I still found it kinda confusing.

What I would like , though, are new 3 blocks. Holo-computer, holo-projector, and holo-display. Computer being at the very center (Which is also where your ship would be in \/ ), with emitters surrounding it (the more emitters, the larger area you can see), then the displays (placed on top of the projectors), which would be near-invisible (a really light blue glow) would project/show where ships and stations are

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Being a non-Battlestar Galactica watcher, for a moment I thought that was just a terrible misspelling of TARDIS.

...Anyway, if this is possible I fully support it. A tactical map display is an essential part of many a sci-fi CIC or starship bridge, and it'd be great to see something like this realized in the game.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would much rather see a resizable holographic 3D version of this. A 2D one on the surface of a block wouldn't cut it IMO.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I see both sides, and to be clear it doesn't have to be exact DRADIS, it could be a circular map, like in the background of this:
    or seen in the Hoth base in star wars.
    like, a circular map with the ship at the center, that's more sensible than BSG's one-direction display. I can also get behind the 3-d map such as that seen in Mass Effect, but less so than the Osiris's map.