Read by Council Download Selected Blueprint Button?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Found it rather annoying when working with BPs from the catalog when I just want to download something to local and mess around with it but have to build than save it first if it isn't my own thing or have to have a built copy of something floating around in order to save to local at all. Sure this'd cause a ship and Station thief's dream but that's what putting in some restriction commands to the config is for so someone other than an Admin can't download anything other than their own things.

Anyone else have some ideas?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Of course you would only be able to access public blueprints or blueprints you already have access too. If you are really worried about designs being stolen I doubt they would be available to the public. Maybe an additional option when your share blueprints if it can or cannot be downloaded directly just as some extra precaution (Of course that wouldn't prevent anybody from spawning the ship and saving it but there is already a discussion on that topic).

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I agree with this. My server was deleting all blueprints because there was lag happening when people were saving blueprints. I had a lot of blueprints saved, so trying to build them all just to download them was a bit difficult. I completely agree that we should just be able to download the blueprints we have access to.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Convert the blueprint into a shipyard design, load the design, enter the design, save the blueprint from there.

Reaction score
    I think something a bit more nice-looking UI-wise would really help this. In addition to the pain of saving everything, even my own stuff, twice (Once on the LAN I play on, once to get it back to my own computer), it's really hard to tell what's saved where, because you can't see local saves in the blueprint menu.

I think the ability to multi-save (To server AND local) and some UI change that allows you to see your local saves AND server-side saves.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Convert the blueprint into a shipyard design, load the design, enter the design, save the blueprint from there.
    And than you happen to have things like stations or super ships that don't fit or can't be loaded into a shipyard. Now what? :)

Also I forget does the shipyard even let you save to local? If not than this solution of yours doesn't work. If so than it'd only help in cases where the BP could be loaded and wasn't a station.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    And than you happen to have things like stations or super ships that don't fit or can't be loaded into a shipyard. Now what? :)

Also I forget does the shipyard even let you save to local? If not than this solution of yours doesn't work. If so than it'd only help in cases where the BP could be loaded and wasn't a station.
    Hey, I was just trying to offer some help.

That said, yes, you can enter the core of a design and save or save to local the entity blueprint just as if it were "real"