Double-sided planets

Agree?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    So... Why are the planets empty/rocks on one side? Seems like it would make more sense to have terrain on both sides...

Also, I was thinking about the spheres and the CPU usage. Is StarMade really animating spheres around the planets (and not round sprites)? If so, it seems to me that since the spheres are not very detailed to begin with, they should just be sprites.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    The new planets will be polyhedral.
    Dodecahedrons if I remember correctly.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The Atmospheric Spheres are there for looks mainly.
    I personally cant get them to display right, but if your on the planet looking space bound, it hides the Normal Starry/galaxy Background and adds a Sky, hiding most of whats behind it :p Ish Pretty Mainly.

And yes, we are getting dodecahedrons in the next Build (you can try them out now in the Dev Build though)

And the Original reason for the one sided flat planets was issues with Gravity I think? (Has since been solved though)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Indeed Here is a video of the upcoming planets:

I also remember them talking about a planet "core" that might be possible to distroy and thus blow up the planet in the last Q&A.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I disagree with both points because we're getting new planets, double-sided ones were a sadly disappointing idea, and a new sky map is not as hard on a computer as, say, a pair of Isanths flying in a straight line.