Door breacher and Invading ships IDEA!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Would be really amazing if there was a way to destroy doors with the shield of the ship/station/etc not being in the way.

so here the other day a guy attacked my ship and even do we were at the same mass he defeated me, in my last moment of desperation i flew the few blocks left i had into a hole in his ship and jumped on board and attached, first i fell victoires as i could make my way through his ship to his cockpit and pistol duel him only to remember he had 1m shield and therefor making it impossible for me to get past his plex doors only using my hand gun!

Now hold on a second before you write that you think being able to destroy doors without the shield interfering is a stupid idea!

Okaaay so here is the idea, door breacher! a bomb that can only be put on door plex, blast doors and maybe rail blocks! It need first to be powered by your “powering handgun” before it can be used, it can then be timed to explode or detonated instantly, ONLY damaging the door and player/npcs close to the bomb!

Now would this would do would force people with big ships to either make inside security system like Ai robot going around inside the base on rails keeping it safe, or having npcs guide the inside OR having a friend stay in your ship as security again using the rail blocks to make doors out of block that would secure your ship greatly

This would apply people to make a lot more realistic ships and think about using interior design too not just for RPing

So there is my idea!

Post what you think about it!

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is where good ideas come to die, welcome my friend. Sadly there isn't much use for interiors other than looks. There are alot of ideas on how to change it. Great post btw.

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Warheads already exist. You set one down. Get a good distance away, then shoot it. Fun things will occur.

Imagine if you had a few of them. Just saying.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You have to account for the ship and player movement. Atm it is not smooth.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You have to account for the ship and player movement. Atm it is not smooth.
    If you're attached to a ship/station etc then yes it is

And also movement has nothing to do with this so i don't know why you bring it up!

Maybe you misread my post?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430863589,1430863484][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Warheads already exist. You set one down. Get a good distance away, then shoot it. Fun things will occur.

Imagine if you had a few of them. Just saying.
    Dude did you even read my post or are you joking me?

This is a post about being able to board a ship and attack from the inside, you do realize you can't fucking spawn a core and a tnt on it inside a corridor in a ship lol!

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This is a post about being able to board a ship and attack from the inside, you do realize you can't fucking spawn a core and a tnt on it inside a corridor in a ship lol!
    Dude calm your prepubescent breasts.

By the way, if you want some boarding action, it may be a good idea to fire off some drones with stop beams and then blow open the door.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If you're attached to a ship/station etc then yes it is

And also movement has nothing to do with this so i don't know why you bring it up!

Maybe you misread my post?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430863589,1430863484][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Dude did you even read my post or are you joking me?

Misread, no. I'm not going to respond how I really want too so.. I will make it simple.
    If a ship is docked to a station, then it will be protected if it's there homebase. So you can't do shit to it. Now if it is able for you to attack then you will just a tack the station and ship, shooting the faction block and taking over the ship. No need to go inside.
    Now if you can only destory doors, you still will have to kill the faction block to take over the ship.. which shields will factor into it. Now people won't go and duel you if you are in their ship. They will warp with you in it, leaving you screwed.
    I know this game, there is much to change for this to have it where you can take over a ship from the inside. I mentioned moving ships, as it would be better if you can send players to hop on a moving ship. Of course if you can't handle it, you can always pick a stationary target.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Dude calm your prepubescent breasts.

By the way, if you want some boarding action, it may be a good idea to fire off some drones with stop beams and then blow open the door.
    Calm down? I have a better idea, you stay on topic or leave the topic!
    Im not sure you're joking or what, im talking about boarding a ship idk what your talking about but please just stop commenting as you cleary have no idea what this is about!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430926696,1430926390][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Misread, no. I'm not going to respond how I really want too so.. I will make it simple.
    If a ship is docked to a station, then it will be protected if it's there homebase. So you can't do shit to it. Now if it is able for you to attack then you will just a tack the station and ship, shooting the faction block and taking over the ship. No need to go inside.
    Now if you can only destory doors, you still will have to kill the faction block to take over the ship.. which shields will factor into it. Now people won't go and duel you if you are in their ship. They will warp with you in it, leaving you screwed.
    I know this game, there is much to change for this to have it where you can take over a ship from the inside. I mentioned moving ships, as it would be better if you can send players to hop on a moving ship. Of course if you can't handle it, you can always pick a stationary target.
    Let me tell you why that is not true,

first off of course the claim block and homebase feature would remind the same, and second if this feature was made all you would have to do would hide your faction block in your ship mass, also it the faction block would be a lot stronger or take something special to claim/destroy!

Also if you're attached to a ship warping there is no problem!

Also the "moving ship" would matter if you were inside and attached to the ship now would it!

Literally ALL you would have to do would be to but a single turret inside your ship, and with rail docker this is easy done, i have already done it myself in all my interior designs! Would this would mean is that if someone were to try and border your ship they would need a boarding party! in other words you would have to be a group, that way you cant just rambo a ship and single handed take over it!

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Im not sure you're joking or what, im talking about boarding a ship idk what your talking about but please just stop commenting as you cleary have no idea what this is about!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430926696,1430926390][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Let me tell you why that is not true,

first off of course the claim block and homebase feature would remind the same, and second if this feature was made all you would have to do would hide your faction block in your ship mass, also it the faction block would be a lot stronger or take something special to claim/destroy!

Also if you're attached to a ship warping there is no problem!

Also the "moving ship" would matter if you were inside and attached to the ship now would it!

Literally ALL you would have to do would be to but a single turret inside your ship, and with rail docker this is easy done, i have already done it myself in all my interior designs! Would this would mean is that if someone were to try and border your ship they would need a boarding party! in other words you would have to be a group, that way you cant just rambo a ship and single handed take over it!
    I'm going by what is and going to happen as I seen it before. Many people of large factions hide their faction block btw. I think you are trying hard to see this idea work, but with the game and player base, it wont. BTW if you are out of your ship, you most likely will die. If your member is not in a decent ship, and decide he want to be a get out and walk to another ship, then he will be a wasted pilot, down one person in your fleet and one more kill from the enemy. In SM in a battle don't get out of your ship and walk. I don't see how your idea can work atm, without changing the game alot.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm going by what is and going to happen as I seen it before. Many people of large factions hide their faction block btw. I think you are trying hard to see this idea work, but with the game and player base, it wont. BTW if you are out of your ship, you most likely will die. If your member is not in a decent ship, and decide he want to be a get out and walk to another ship, then he will be a wasted pilot, down one person in your fleet and one more kill from the enemy. In SM in a battle don't get out of your ship and walk. I don't see how your idea can work atm, without changing the game alot.
    First of you don't think it would work? You do realize that people are doing it RIGHT now, taking out the core of a ship for a example many people will reclaim it either for its reserves or to repair and reuse it!

Please stop talking about faction blocks and capturing ships, that isn't what my post is about, its about 1 thing and 1 thing only, and that is using a ently that could only blow up doors, you keep saying its cant be implant right now because it would be bad! No it wouldnt

say 1 reason why it would be bad to implant a door bomb, and i will tell you why you're wrong!

Reaction score
    Damage pulse , damage beam, and cannon do not require a turret to fire unless on a station/planet. Firing a series of hi damage pulses is all it takes to sweep the inside of a ship clean of enemy astronauts as they cannot hide in build blocks or cores. Boarding at best only works if the pilots or the core are dead, unaware, and no one can activate that simple un-aimed countermeasure.

Reactions: koksvik
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Damage pulse , damage beam, and cannon do not require a turret to fire unless on a station/planet. Firing a series of hi damage pulses is all it takes to sweep the inside of a ship clean of enemy astronauts as they cannot hide in build blocks or cores. Boarding at best only works if the pilots or the core are dead, unaware, and no one can activate that simple un-aimed countermeasure.
    Yep your right! Just like i tried to explain to the other guys boarding would only work if one of these were right:

1: the enemys power has been destoryed, leaving the turrets dead in their wake
    2: the enemy has to lazy to put in turret or the turret are to weak
    3: Your have a whole boarding part of maybe 5 guys that all have rocket launcher and laser pistol, unless the enemy has fortified their position you could take out their inside turret or in the case you mention beams!

This way it would prevent boarding from being OP, boarding would be Very situational and could easy be prevent by making security system in your ship, all my ships already have a security robot AI going around the halls on rails, not only does it look really cool, makes you feel safer, just in case someone got in! :)

thanks for understanding

Reactions: Lidren and jayman38

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    --
    ...I'm just telling you to calm down, and stating another way to board something.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    ...I'm just telling you to calm down, and stating another way to board something.
    Just stop the toxicity, this is the last time i will say it stay on topic or leave!

and this

"stating another way to board something."
    let me ask you something and you have to be honest how old are you? Because i'm not sure if you're cable of being in this thread, so i will have to on everyone behalf ask you to quietly leave!

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Just stop the toxicity, this is the last time i will say it stay on topic or leave!

and this

"stating another way to board something."
    let me ask you something and you have to be honest how old are you? Because i'm not sure if you're cable of being in this thread, so i will have to on everyone behalf ask you to quietly leave!
    ????

Dude I'm being perfectly civil.

I guess I should probably leave this conversation. "Don't feed the trolls," as they say.

Reactions: Lidren

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    This isn't even in the right forum section.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Moved thread to Suggestions section. Please keep everything civil.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Boarding mechanics good. Anger bad. Someone baited you koksvic, it's even happened to me. You must have more ideas on the subject. I like boarding.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The problem:
    // D \\
    DO---|
    \\ D //

Imagine D, // and \\ being different door passages, and O has a rotating plate P docked to it.
    O can also slide away to let you go through.​

1. How do you want to blow up door-blocks if the game only sees hull?
    >> If it rotates fast enough, I doubt you can even place a warhead (space obscured) since it LAGs until the part you wanted to place on is behind a wall again.
    >> Or collides with the wall and blow you up too.

2. If P is large enough, you would have to damage the whole perimeter - 2 blocks thick - and all corners in it.
    >> Size by P opening/locking many doors in different ship sections at once by a 3-block shift right/left up/down.

Reactions: koksvik
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Boarding mechanics good. Anger bad. Someone baited you koksvic, it's even happened to me. You must have more ideas on the subject. I like boarding.
    Yea i shouldn't have gotten baited, thanks for pointing it out, i will make sure to always keep the thread as civil as possible and not take flamer's in my own hand but rather let the admin do that, as trying to do something about it yourself will only create more prolbem really!

Thanks for making me realize this! :)

The problem:
    // D \\
    DO---|
    \\ D //

Imagine D, // and \\ being different door passages, and O has a rotating plate P docked to it.
    O can also slide away to let you go through.​

1. How do you want to blow up door-blocks if the game only sees hull?
    >> If it rotates fast enough, I doubt you can even place a warhead (space obscured) since it LAGs until the part you wanted to place on is behind a wall again.
    >> Or collides with the wall and blow you up too.

2. If P is large enough, you would have to damage the whole perimeter - 2 blocks thick - and all corners in it.
    >> Size by P opening/locking many doors in different ship sections at once by a 3-block shift right/left up/down.
    I don't really understand your drawing but i tell me if im wrong, do you mean that someone could just used railed doors to accomplish this unraidable doors? Well i know that, like i said if you were able to blow up any hull beside those door and forcefield doors it would be waaay to OP and game breaking, that is why i said its VERY situational and if it was implant there would be lots of way to prevent your ship or base getting bored really easy, so not only would it not be OP it would also encourage people to make better and more complex interior designs! So people wouldn't just fly around in a solid block ship! Right now the best way to build a legit ship is just to fill everything out and have a little 3x3 hole where your core is, however i do not thing this should be this way, i think there should be PRO's and CON's to build your ship with an actually complex instead of just a big block ship, as right now if you ship has just any interior its is instantly considered more RP then USEABLE. :)

Last edited: