Suggestion Donate Button!

Reaction score
    I've noticed that the price of pre-purchasing the game has dropped from $10 down to $6. This is really nice/generous - thanks!

However, I don't really like diddling about with lunch money, and I've been waiting for the price to go up before buying it. In fact, I'd be happy paying $50.

So, how about a compromise? If you add a "donate" button to the site (and if I can just fill in my credit card info and amount, and don't need to worry about too many hassles), I'll pre-purchase the game for $6 and then donate $44.

Reactions: ToyotaSupra
    Reaction score
    Well seeing as there is no donate button you'll just have to take your charity elsewhere :) Who knows who you could give it to.

Y'know I know a certain someone who is saving up for a new computer, and having $50 would make them a very happy Supra...er...I mean SOMEONE...

(I think a donate button would be a great idea, it's more subtle than a kickstarter and you never know who might donate, or how much!)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is why i said the donate button should be right up there next to the buy button. Think how many donations they've missed!

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This is why i said the donate button should be right up there next to the buy button. Think how many donations they've missed!
    Maybe we don't want your donations :P

Nah, I thought it was pretty obvious where it was myself. Perhaps not.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Maybe we don't want your donations :p

Nah, I thought it was pretty obvious where it was myself. Perhaps not.
    Most people don't go to star-made.org anymore because why would we? its just a pretty much just a picture now with links here.

Reaction score
    D'oh!

I've never noticed any donate button. There is a link to the "donate page" on the main page (and nowhere else?) and that link's picture doesn't stand out. I ignore the main page and go directly to "news" (and then the forums), and there are no links to donate on any of the pages I look at (and definitely not anything that stands out, like the nice bright orange "buy" button).

Anyway; today I intended to do what I said I would do (pre-purchase for $6 and then donate $44). Buying the pre-purchase is easy - a nice/simple form for credit card info. Click, click, BOOM - done in 30 seconds. Then I hit the donate button expecting a similar nice/simple form, and...

It's a large form full of fields. I don't know what most of the fields are for (or why there's so many) because the entire page is in German (and I don't know German). I couldn't find an alternative page in English, so I tried to translate the page using the "translate" feature built into my web browser (Chrome) and that failed. I have no idea where to start, but I get the feeling that PayPal is required (and I don't have a PayPal account either).

I haven't donated.

Now; in general, I hate saying that I will do something and then not doing it - it makes me feel like scum. Fortunately, I feel OK about not donating (yet) because I didn't actually say when I'd donate, and (in a rare moment of foresight) included an adequate condition in my original statement ("and if I can just fill in my credit card info and amount, and don't need to worry about too many hassles").

I still plan to donate one day (if I can just fill in my credit card info and amount and don't need to worry about too many hassles...).

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How about a purchase for schema and a donate where you can decide who gets the money?

Forum moderators for keeping the forum clean, Kupu for his nice texture pack, the whole dev team or just schema?

Important for me is that you can pay like you pay on EMP.de for example.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    How about a purchase for schema and a donate where you can decide who gets the money?

Forum moderators for keeping the forum clean, Kupu for his nice texture pack, the whole dev team or just schema?

Important for me is that you can pay like you pay on EMP.de for example.
    Could set something like that up, if you messaged me about ideas for how you'd want it done, I could take a look at it.

Reaction score
    I've noticed that the price of pre-purchasing the game has dropped from $10 down to $6. This is really nice/generous - thanks!

However, I don't really like diddling about with lunch money, and I've been waiting for the price to go up before buying it. In fact, I'd be happy paying $50.

So, how about a compromise? If you add a "donate" button to the site (and if I can just fill in my credit card info and amount, and don't need to worry about too many hassles), I'll pre-purchase the game for $6 and then donate $44.
    Considering the $3 I spent on this game and its already better than any $50 game I have bought in a long time, hell yeah me too. It could very well eventually beat out my favorite games of all time (Sacrifice and age of wonders: shadow magic)