Does turret AI work on stations and ships when no abroad?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yes.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440239198,1440239140][/DOUBLEPOST]They will shoot at enemies and/or anything that provoked them

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    They should unless the AI got turned off somehow.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hmmmm..... I actually engaged a pirate station, and my turrets shot off all of their turrets then started pointing in random directions...

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Hmmmm..... I actually engaged a pirate station, and my turrets shot off all of their turrets then started pointing in random directions...
    They were most likely firing at the pirate reinforcements that get called in when you damage pirate stations.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    They were most likely firing at the pirate reinforcements that get called in when you damage pirate stations.
    No, oddly enough there were no reinorcements. My turrets always seem buggy though. Some of them have a tendency to clip through the ship, my main ones have two articulated barrels and one of the barrels will point at the target while the other points the other way.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    No, oddly enough there were no reinorcements. My turrets always seem buggy though. Some of them have a tendency to clip through the ship, my main ones have two articulated barrels and one of the barrels will point at the target while the other points the other way.
    Don't use turrets with more then one AI (or moving barrel segment), the game doesn't really support it and it'll cause issues.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Don't use turrets with more then one AI (or moving barrel segment), the game doesn't really support it and it'll cause issues.
    Ahhh.... I may need to redesign my turrets.... But what about the other ones? They have only one barrel and they still clip through the ship and try to fire on targets on the other side. I have tested it, and there is no way for them to get to the position the AI puts them in manually.