Does our tetra has a correct name?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Even if it's the wrong name I'd like to keep it that way. It simple and concise, having something like "inclined pyramid" would be confusing :p

Also, I'm pretty sure that what we have is a tetra. The angles are just different on it, just like a triangle with rather extreme angles still stays a triangle.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It will have a name, but it'll be longer than tetra, every shape can be described with a long enough string of words.
    My favourite the shape of a pringle, hyperbolic paraboloid :D But i don't want a block in the game to have a name that long!

Reaction score
    We need to have to have a long-triangle thing. And chairs.

(I got a d in GCSE maths so I don't know)

@therimmer96 Dave master race.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    When I first started playing and joined the chatroom, there was discussion that the name of the block should be based on the number of sides. Therefore what is now known as the Tetra has 4 sides and should instead be called the Quatra, and the Penta has 7 sides and should instead be called the Septa. It wasn't me who quoted these new names, but I agreed. The problem with these particular names is that the Septa sounds like some sort of nasal infection.

Alternatively, since Tetra could be considered as shorthand for "Tetrahedron", and not just a reference to the number 3, then that might still be the proper name. But that doesn't explain the term "Penta", which is a reference to the number 5. Since "Heptahedron" is a 7-sided 3-D shape, maybe the Penta should be renamed to "Hepta". (7-sided 3D shapes can also be called Septahedrons, which might again lead to the shorthand term "Septa".)