Dockingmodule

Reaction score
    Hi,

can someone help me whit a little problem about the dockingmodul.
    I am building a station including these blocks but if i try to dock my ship it alway face in the same direction regardless of the position or oriantation of the modulblock.

I guess it has something to do whit the default station direction (x or y)

I dont think they forgott this adjustment, but I cant find such an option in advanded block setting or even in the chat command list to change this. (maybe its a special admin command?)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Hi,

can someone help me whit a little problem about the dockingmodul.
    I am building a station including these blocks but if i try to dock my ship it alway face in the same direction regardless of the position or oriantation of the modulblock.

I guess it has something to do whit the default station direction (x or y)

I dont think they forgott this adjustment, but I cant find such an option in advanded block setting or even in the chat command list to change this. (maybe its a special admin command?)
    Changing dock orientations other than the docking face is not in the game yet, but the devs have said it will be done at somepoint

Reaction score
    Yup! It's a known limitation that we're still working around and has effects on the docking orientation for side-mounted or under-slung turrets/etc.

Just bare the limitation in mind while developing your ships and structures and you'll find you can work around it. Mostly.

Reaction score
    I guees i´ve to find another solution... anyway thank you for the reply.

Reaction score
    sorry to jump in on this, but i am having issues with docks. While my ships are docked fine i cant assign a hot key to the dock for dropping the ships in combat

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    sorry to jump in on this, but i am having issues with docks. While my ships are docked fine i cant assign a hot key to the dock for dropping the ships in combat
    I do not know if you mean you can't put it in the wepons/tools bar...

I am gona say that the ships do not drop:

Sometimes the ships do not drop because you are moving or there is not a lot of space.The games reads the ships like they are "in" a box and saying that the box is the ship and docked ships are still looked like they are in a box that is in the main box(the main ship) and for undoking you need space and not a lot of speed because when you colide the game has a lot of things to think and so the game deosn't allow you undock it.

Reaction score
    yeah, i just been informed its a bug that is known and is being fixed, thank you for your reply tho!