Docking

Reaction score
    1: Make the docking area only extend in one direction if adding a docking extender (in the direction where the docking extender is)

2: Docking should be work from SD Cockpits too :(

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    While I am ambivalent toward 2, I find 1 to be horrible. Please don\'t suggest restraining docking range extensions to one favoring/allowing only long, thin ships.

Reaction score
    Well... maybe you misunderstood it...

At the moment when you put an docking enhancer on the left side of your docking block the docking zone will extend to the left AND right side... it should be only the side where the enhancer is (because of the \"collision\" problem)

If you put an enhancer on the left AND right side it should extend to left and right :D (or top and bottom)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Having the enhancers go one way is very logical. I can\'t dock my friends\' ships because since their ship cores is in the front, I\'m only getting half the docking area. Doing this will fix the problem. If you have a ship with the core in the middle or this problem doesn\'t affect you, then just buy more enhancers. They are cheap and easy to get.

Reaction score
    I dont like it too...

Maybe it dosn\'t should dock on the ship core... maybe the game needs something like two different docking modules (one which you use as basic module and the other one for docking on the basic module).

You can have only one of the \"docking on the other module\" block on your ship but tonns of the basic modules where other ships can dock on...

Hop you understand what i mean :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that the docking enhancers should just extend the range on the docking unit in all directions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    EmeraldPanda, that is an incredibly stupid idea. You haven\'t even grasped the issue here. The problem is that by extending in several directions, you can\'t make the docking field the size you want with the docking platform at the right place because it\'d collide with environment, making the platform invalid. This\'d only be worse with extending in all directions.

I agree with that docking should be made able from the cockpits. Either that, or that your docking units works both ways so to say; put a docking unit and a docking computer on your ship, and the docking beam will shoot from the docking unit. And your ship will connect to the docking platform with the docking units aligned to eachother. Not only would this make it far easier to hit your docking beam correctly, it\'d also allow you to actually control how your ship interact with the docking space, not just how the docking space interact with the ship. A two-way interaction, so to say.