Docking "Target Not Combatable"

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Docking is really buggy. I cannot dock a single bare core to a docking area with 30x30x300 blocks. I keep getting "Cannot dock here target not combatable". This happens even to previously docked ships. I undock a ship and try to re-dock it but it won't go.

Reaction score
    You have to aim DIRECTLY AT THE DOCKING MODULE in order to dock.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Oh really!? I never thought of that! Thanks for your infinite knowlege and wisdom. Please tell me more about the most obvious solution to the problem that I clearly didn\'t try before asking for help.

Reaction score
    \"You have to aim DIRECTLY AT THE DOCKING MODULE in order to dock.\"

...Not sure if trolling or just ignorant

Reaction score
    This is going to sound odd, but some times spamming the docking module with clicks is enough to get an item to dock, that fits in the docking area but refuses to dock.

~ScrollLock::Suspend, Toggle

~$RButton::
    While GetKeyState(\"RButton\", \"P\"){
    Click right
    Sleep -1 ; milliseconds
    }
    return

http://www.autohotkey.com/

Reaction score
    The actual beam itself has to hit the main docking module, so pointing at it with the crosshair is not enough.

Not sure if there are still location syncing errors on servers, but that could be it as well, a relog would fix that though.

If you can\'t see your beam, you have to put cockpits on your ship in such a way that you can easily see what the beam is hitting and where it is coming from (it comes directly from the core).

If all that fails, it could be a new bug...

Reaction score
    Is the beam on. No really. I had this problem beucase I couldn\'t see the beam, it was somehow switched off in the options menu when I updated.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I am aiming from a bare core. Nothing attached to the ship. I\'ve tried spamming but have had no success.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Try turning off docking validation. Test it with a single docking block attached to a station. Make sure the docking area is green, proceed to shoot the dock with your cores docking beam.
    Post results.

Reaction score
    Not sure if this will help in your specific case, but I sometimes have this issue and I can dock if I change my angle of approach (turn around or whatnot). Of course this is a workaround rather than a fix. This is relatively simple, and I imagine you\'ve tried it by now, but I thought I\'d toss in my 2 cents.

Reaction score
    I am having the same issue while using docking enhancers. If i build just the turret docking module and dock a core to it, it is fine but when I try to dock a larger turret which requires turret docking enhancers, it does not seem to even recognize that turret docking block. I have tried several configs and still nothing. I think it maybe a bug.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a similar problem, it only started since the chain docking update. The weirdest part is I still get the message if it is too big, then once I fix it, it just doesn\'t give me any information, not even a target not compatible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    EVENTUALLY you will be able to dock it. I don\'t know how or why this happens but it happened to me numerous times as well - both on 1 block docks and large turrets.

Last time, I left it for 20 minutes and when I came back to it, it docked straight away.

Try to keep your beam on the core for a few seconds - sometimes it needs a little time to activate. Obviously, make sure that your ships both have correct faction signatures (or no sig at all)..

System can act odd sometimes but eventually it will work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    If the thing you\'re docking on has a faction module then you\'ll need a faction module on your ship, both activated on the same faction. A bare ship core can\'t dock on a faction station.

Reaction score
    I\'ve been unable to dock an unfactioned turret to a unfactioned ship (pre-chain-docking). For some reason on that one side of my ship (I had ten turret docks and only two were giving me trouble) it wouldn\'t allow me to dock without getting closer. Rapidly entering build mode after activating the beam confirmed it was on target. Docking seems a bit fidgety.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I am getting the same problem as above. I\'m trying to dock a lone, un-factioned Ship Core to a Turret Docking Unit linked to 5 Turret Docking Enhancer Units. I aim at the Docking Unit and get the error message \"The docking area is too small for this turret to dock\". As can be seen from the below screenshot, the docking area is clearly much larger than the Turret area. This has been happening to me since the linked docking update. I am presently using version 0.0947.
    Is this an official bug which the Developers are aware of? Does anyone know if there is a work-around?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/av3mluwz54mibtq/starmade-screenshot-0034.png