Docking still too small?

Reaction score
    I encountered this problem today while trying to dock my ship. The box is WAY larger than the ship but it still said it's too small?? Am I doing something wrong? Or do the old bugs still persist somehow??

I "parked" the ship in place to get the screen. It is NOT docked

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i got the same issue... and even all mi ship and turrets that where docking this morging i found them flying in the deep space that happen to each time that i update the game....it\'s really annoying

Reaction score
    @Dogdard: Is it possible that game tries to dock it sideways? Your dock is longer than it is wide so you can\'t tell for sure from screenshot.

@ToyotaSupra: Does the dock belong to a faction? Just a core alone doesn\'t have any, and so can\'t dock to a faction dock.

Reaction score
    My main ship isn\'t tied to a faction, it simply says no when I fire the docking beam. The docking square is unblocked (green) so I can\'t see what I\'m doing wrong...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    By any chance have you accidentally built the dock on one of the \'side\' station docks?

If so you\'d have to park the ship sideways and maybe that\'s why it cant fit, the ships is longer than the width of the docking area.

Reaction score
    I built the docking module into the side of the wall, box pointing outwards. I tried putting it on the floor pointing towards the roof, to no avail. I can\'t remember the error message (something about \'can\'t dock here\') but it only shows once. The whole area is clear, no matter how I try and park it, it just doesn\'t.

Reaction score
    Have you tried making the dock big in Length and Width, so that you could fit the ship sideways (core on top of dock module)?

Reaction score
    @zaflis no but the docking box is about 3-4 blocks wider on both sides and at least 5-6 blocks longer than the ship in length.

Reaction score
    I cannot for the life of me figure out why the ship doesnt just center in the docking box rather than center on the core of the ship. :/ this would make docking in interior spaces far more viable. Oh and the unennhaced box needs to put back at 5x5x5. Just saying...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    yeah this kind of messed up every one of my ships and carriers.... nothing fits anymore. can they just go back to how they where???

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    While I agree the new docking system is slightly frustrating, for example I had forward firing turrets that over hung m the main body, and had a wall / hull behind it, but now I would have to extend enhancer blocks further out which also extends the docking box backwards and would force me to completely remodel the hull behind the turret, ( the idea is its in a nook with a firing arc which yes I know hasn\'t been implemented yet but it looked cool and was working.) However, Thankfully Schema implemented the ability to turn off docking area detection which is wonderful, so now every time a change is made, I do not need to re-design half my ship.

Of course I play with a bunch of people are on a server who on the honor system decide the turrets are fair, and still look good. Aka mega turret is not strapped onto a 10 block fighter..etc.

Reaction score
    speaking of... What is the command to turn off docking detect? I cant find it anywhere...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It doesn\'t completely turn it off, if its blocked it will turn red and you cannot dock. Howver you can dock any size turret or ship or turret with just the unit and no enhancers. Works verywell, just be sure you won\'t clip when you dock a ship, otherwise when you undock it won\'t be pretty. Far as I know its in server config, and will require restart of server/local game.