Docking Setup For Isanth IV?

Reaction score
    Hi everyone, i was wonderin where to put the docking enhancers for a Isanth IV size ship. If you can please add a picture. Im new to docking so please add as much detail on how to build it as you can. Sorry if this is really simple.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Docking extenders work using box dimensions; the longer the X-Y-Z dimensions, the larger it will be.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can do better than screenshots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdLSn_5Ey4g

This explains the use of docking modules and enhancers. Hope it helps.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well to start off you need to get the docking modules, either the docking module of the turret docking module(which allows about 70° vertical movement and 360° horizontal movement.

Once youve chosen which you want, go into build mode in a ship or use a builder block on a space station/planet/asteroid and orientate the block so it is facing outwards

Then place the docking module and you should see a red or green cube frame, if its red then there are blocks inside the docking area and these need to be removed. You now have a small dockng station.

For larger ships however (where the majority of it would be outside of the green frame, centered on the ship core) you will need to expand the area. To do so you need docking enhancers or a turret docking enhancers, depending on which docking module you used. To expand the area, while in build mode, press c to the docking module to select it and then place the enhancers anywhere on the same structure. If done correctly the enhancers should have a purple frame around them and the green frame of the docking module should be slightly larger, allowing for larger ships.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    First - I meant to send that message as a reply. Sorry

Second - You cannot dock normal ships on turret docking units. Only ships with no blocks below the Y-axis can dock on turret docking units.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah i know, just forgot to put it in my post.

although on that point, if you make the turret long then when you aim upwards it goes into the ship, which kind of needs to be sorted, limiting the movement by the colision between the turret and the object it is docked to

Reaction score
    Well then my modules are glitched because if i put a block on one side of the main module, it extends a different way than it should.

Reaction score
    I finally got it to work, but how do i change which direction the ship docks in? Because currently its looking at a wall when it docks. I would like to change this if possible

Reaction score
    I only docked a ship once so far and...

http://i.imgur.com/alzdGJx.jpg

yeah no clue how this works.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    only thing i can contribute that you can change the direction of (docking) modules with CTRL before placing