Docking Problem

Inc

Reaction score
    Hello everyone,

So I have problems with the docking module. First I was unable to dock my ship(s) (on a planet), tried it with all sizes and several docking enhancers so it definitely should have fit. I read up on it and I tried to equip my ship with a faction block, tried it from several directions, relocated the docking module, restarted the game and tried it out forever. Unfortunately it did not work.

So I generated a new world and wanted to buy docking modules in the shop to test it out again. However, when I try to buy them (the shop has them in stock), i can't and I receive the following message: "Sorry, this item cannot be sold. It is old technology and this we are no longer selling it." Well. So I don't know if this a bug or if this is intended since I am a fairly new player, but it seems weird to me and I could not find anything on google about this particular issue. Also the docking part is really annoying.

Best,
    Inc

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    The docking system was revamped in the last update. You now need to use rail-basics and rail-dockers to dock. You also won't have to fiddle with bounding-boxes anymore.

Inc

Reaction score
    Aaah, Thank you so much!
    However, I think it would be nice to state such things more clearly in-game. It is very hard to figure stuff like this out if one is new to the game and thus not following the new additions over the course of time. Also is it intended that the older docking systems do not work anymore entirely (why keep them in the game then?) or was the fact that i cannot dock with the old modules due to another problem on my side?

Best,
    Inc

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Also is it intended that the older docking systems do not work anymore entirely (why keep them in the game then?) or was the fact that i cannot dock with the old modules due to another problem on my side?
    Yes, that is intended. The old modules are still in the game to allow people to spawn older blueprints.