Docking Positions

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    If you have a docking station facing downwards your docked ship should still face the front of the main ship, not the back. I fnd it really annoying how it is now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think there should be an option on the docking module to chose what direction the ship faces, after the block orientation has been made. Sometimes you want a ship pointing sideways or backwards, but it points forward, or backwards. It\'s a pain, and while your suggestion may make it more uniform, it could also cause more problems.

Reaction score
    now that would be great, a option to choose alignment as soon as you dock the turret, as in \'you dock the turret, a popup comes up (can be disabled in settings for auto alignment) asking what direction it should point in comparison to the parent ship.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Maybe your ships orientation while docked would depend on what direction you docked from so if you were facing the while you docked, your ship would face the back of the main ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like jzimmerman4\'s idea better. It would allow us flexibilty in how we park our ships, so if we want them facing backwards we can.

Reaction score
    The same with turret docking units would be great.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think making it way easier to dock would be the best thing right now. It\'s madness having to spend 3 minutes (literally) trying to dock my big ship, \"not compatible\" \"not compatible\" \"not compatible\"

*rage quit*