Docking Port (WIP)

Reaction score
    Normally in this section of the forum, all I see are ship designs, not that there's anything wrong with that. However, I don't really ever see any static creations, like planetary bases are space stations. So I wanted to share a docking port I started designing for a planetary base.

So let me know what you guys think ^.^

Reaction score
    Right now I\'m making it so it can dock 1 of most battleship or dreadnought size ships, according to blitzwing\'s ship classification. I do plan on making room on there to dock smaller ships for getting on and off planet, as that\'s what I\'m making it for.

Reaction score
    I must say, that is awesome.

@ Nikola Tesla: I should think there would be a small dock on each half circle, for turrets or escape pods.

Reaction score
    Can we have a picture of it in build mode? I would like to see the docking dimensions

Reaction score
    I haven\'t added any docks to it yet, as I would like to at least get the full frame made up. It\'s going to be a bit longer going back and there\'s some things planned for in front of the ring. I\'ll get more picks up when I get there. Right now I\'m taking a break as I had a sudden stroke of inspiration for a ship I\'ve been putting off for a few weeks. I\'m a little ADD with my builds.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Watch out, there\'s a bug where large docking \'boxes\' stop working. I had a carrier for a frigate size ship and then it just gave up and said the docking area was incompatible.