Docking on Landing Gears

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So I have an extending landing gear I would like to dock my fighter with. Is this possible?

Sorry if this has been asked before and if it's in the wrong forum.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    It's not.

You can't have cycles in docking, i think because it would screw up shield and power distribution.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Womp, that's what I thought. Thanks! I guess I will have to get more creative

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    You can have the landing gear be the main ship and have the body move up instead. Not good for flying in general, but if you really need working landing gear, it'll do.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    That was my first thought but i'm thinking now the best idea is to have the main carrier sen up a docker to the fighter and maybe make it look like a clamp or something. ie think how they show Normandy in mass effect 1 dock.

Reaction score
    Add pick rails as your docking point and forget about the basic rail. You can still storage link the green pickup rail if you need

Reaction score
    Oh well thats a bit of a disappointment. I was thinking about this just today and checked to see if there was any posts already on it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Add pick rails as your docking point and forget about the basic rail. You can still storage link the green pickup rail if you need
    Tried that didn't seem to work. Hat off to you if you get it.

Oh well thats a bit of a disappointment. I was thinking about this just today and checked to see if there was any posts already on it.
    I will post here what my solution is.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I've been considering landing gear on my latest big build cruiser as well, actually.

What I've come up with is the retractable landing gear with the docker on the belly of the ship. I'll then dock it using pickup rails.

That way I can have the docker be in the middle or even back of the ship that can dock onto a physical rail and then slide forwards onto the intangible pickup rail, then use logic to sense that the ship is docked to trigger the landing gear to extend.

In theory it should make it look as though the ship is coming in and slowly hovering into position while it's landing gear extend.

Reactions: kiddan