Docking Modifications

Reaction score
    While playing starmade a few days ago my bro made an off hand comment about adding an effect to a docking module. At first I was like no, thats not in the current build. Well he continued and said it would be great if we could add a repair beam controller and blocks to the dock so that when a ship needs repairs it could just dock and get fixed up.

I figured I would put this up in the suggestions area and see if anyone else thinks this could be a cool addition.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Master dock Slave repair? Like it.
    But needs repair back to blueprint-state implemented first.

In the meanwhile just make a L-shape which emits repair beams to the centre and fly through with your ship at different angles around it's z-axis (roll).

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd like to have multiple effects. Primarily energy drain and a little bit of shield drain at the same time. It seems fair to have multiple effects for a subsystem that has no range. Ships docked in my inner hanger could be contributing to the host ship's systems without needing their own beam. And if someone tries to board me with a docked infiltrator? Well, they won't have a powered-ship to help them "open" doors. (Though they might still have a docked "pod" attached to the infiltration ship that can be undocked and unaffected by my dock effects. A valid tactic.)