Docking logic

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Hi, its me, he who does small and simple suggestions!

I suggest that (turret) docking modules become logic inputs, active while something is docked, off when not. This would mean that a ship/station could notify the crew that a turret has been destroyed, a ship has been taken/destroyed, you could have doors that automatically open when something undocks, and close when something docks, automatic lighting to tell incoming shuttle pilots where a free dock is ( like the lights on the floor of an airport taxiway telling pilots where to park).

Small, simple, and shouldnt be too hard to add :)

Reaction score
    Seems simple, but still, we could make things out of it. In fact, the docking module would act as a "sensor" for the logic system, I like it :)

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    ALSO make it so activating a docking module will undock stuff already docked to it, so carriers can be automated etc.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That is a good simple suggestion with a ton of applications.

ALSO make it so activating a docking module will undock stuff already docked to it, so carriers can be automated etc.
    I think that may be a planned feature or at least one that has been suggested before. Of course any carrier with an internal hanger still will not work well...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It'll be something, a start at least and will add another realm of possibilities for ships. For instance imagine a medium sized cruiser trying to fight a larger vessel, instead of directly taking the brute force of all the opponents turrets it could instead deploy dummy drones to confuse the enemies radar and jam up point defenses. With Logic blocks these docked dummies could fly off at timed intervals for this effect to last in prolonged combat.