Docking improvements (Port to Port, ect)

Reaction score
    Since docking is getting refurbed at the moment, I would just like to suggest adding in a simple extra features.

Firsly, Ships coming to dock should have their own docking port as well as the ship they are going to dock to. This just more realistic than somehow the 'mothership' docking port latching onto the docked ships hull.

Secondly, docking ports should have their own docking laser instead of the core. This would allow ships to dock 'correctly' by lining up the docking ports on both ships instead of how the game things it would 'fit best'. I've had plenty of ships ships dock sideways in my larger ships,sometimes actually clipping through the rest of the mothership because its trying to dock with exposed hull closest to the core instead of the docking ports. .

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would be happy if the ship was just centered within the bounding box for the dock instead of based on the core

Reaction score
    Yeah, I think a better solution would allow camera rotation when in a ship, have the docking laser be based off the current view point/cockpit rather then the core, center the ship based on the bounding box, and allow setting the orientation for the docked ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I like this idea. But I don\'t want an extra block required for little shuttles to dock. - So perhaps there could be another block, like - Docking (Male), that would have the same ability(listed in weapons) that the core has. And orientation can be adjusted on it. A tight-fit would be particularly awesome, where you could have a corodore from one ship to another.

Anything to acomplish that would be really cool.