Docking Ideas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This topic is about docking ideas. It started due to the fact that I am one of those players that builds Cruisers, Battlecruisers, Destroyers, Frigates, Broadsides, Battleships, Capital Ships, and overall huge, darn ships. One idea I had is that instead of having a Docking Module and linking it to tons of Enhancers, to have different Docking Modules. Green for Small, Blue for Medium, Red for Large. Green is the only one that any ship within a certain size can dock. Well...Ok. The Faction Module. You can set it for certain things. Or the Bobby AI. Lets say that you could take the Green Docking Module and set dimensions for the docking area it generates. X, Y, Z. "This Docking Area is (# of blocks) long, (# of blocks) wide, and (# of blocks) high." Then, when one use the Docking Beam on the module, it will measure the ship and inform the player trying to dock whether or not the ship will fit. "Analyzing Ship size...". A couple seconds later: "Analysis complete. Ship comptable with docking area. Docking ship now." Then the module will automatically dock the ship. The whole process could take around ten seconds.

This whole idea could work for the other two. BUT! Large ships, "Red Giants" (like the Red Giant stars, also the fact that they have to use the Red Docking Module), must have the Onboard RG Docking Computer. Basically, The ships are large enough that the RDM connot measure it. The ORGDC analyzes the ship upon the systems activation and stores all the measurments withing the ORGDC. Then the RDM and the ORGDC coordinate and exchange data and blah, blah, blah. If it fits, it docks.

I know it sounds complicated. But the idea seems to be a good one. So instead of having to link tons of enhancers together, the Module measures your ship and says, "Yep! We're good to go!"

That's my idea. I would like to hear what others think. PLEASE post ideas! I know you people have em!