Docking Error Crashes Server

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    We have some serious issues with docking causing server crashes. Is anyone else having any issues?

Reaction score
    Is the server running with at least 1024MB of memory, or 512 which is set by default? There it doesn\'t matter how much RAM your computer has, if you don\'t set it available for Starmade.

Is this related to a ton of docked ships? Personally i have never had docking related crash in history of starmade.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can attest that this error is very very common and causes servers to chew through their bandwidth as players reconnect. Schema, your game is going to die if the bandwidth requirements aren\'t dealth with soon.

Reaction score
    Yes we do. We have 8 gigs on starmade atm have tryed it with more and didn\'t seem to fix anything so we put it back to 8 since we have yet to hit that cap with 60 players on the server.

Reaction score
    Any info on this error yet? causing alot of issues with a few servers that are trying to grow their playerbase.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Schema-

What in the actual fuck are you doing? You seem determined to fix things that matter to no one. Meanwhile you leave massive problems in the game. I dont give a shit if non faction members can use my dock. I DO care if that same dock randomly crashes my game. Do you even priority bro?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    That how I felt, I knew people will start raging about adding new things instead of fixing critical bugs... Invite some people maybe to your team, Shema, so they could help you with fixing things and you will have more time to work on new ones.

People love this game but soon they can hate you for not properly fixing bugs. It\'s like loving the game but hate creators for screwing it in the end...

Fixing bugs is more important than adding new things.

Reaction score
    Any news on a fix for this or is he not commenting because he doesnt know how to fix it and wont admit it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Cmon schema get your shit together this bug has been here for almost a month. Is it you just don\'t know how to fix it or are just to busy adding features we don\'t need instead of fixing the ones we already have. I would be fine if it didn\'t crash my server but it does and it\'s a critical bug that needs to be fixed NOW.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh look, it\'s crashing off an on whenever pirate stations load.

It\'s ok Crazy, it\'s a bug. No one cares.

Well, I guess people do care, but the one and only person who should either does not or canno\'t because there is no one he accepts much needed help from.