Docking clamp [block]

Reaction score
    Instead of the ship core let a disignated [docking clamp block] attach to the docking module

(if this or a look a like system is under development i revoke my sugguestion)

With kind regards
    Petrus

Reactions: rocketman221
    Reaction score
    i think it would be cool, rather than just a straight away dock.
    would be even better if their was an animation so you could see it more and clamp in

Reaction score
    i think your sugguestion is too too complex wolfe (IMHO)
    just 2 blocks needed, The (exsisting) cockpit block and a Docking clamp block that can attach
    or a Magnet clamp block that works with a micro gravity like system

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This is exactly the sort of thing we need. However, first entity bounding detection has to become less stupid so that it can actually tell if a ship will intersect with another when docked, rather than just overreacting because it sees two blocks next to each other.

Reaction score
    Love the idea. Think that this could be good to shift the docking point to different areas of the ship. I'd also like to see an airlock type docking system for bigger ships to dock to stations etc via a bridge / walkway type element.

It could be blocks made in a 2x3 shape with the same shape made of the blocks on the station to connect the ships together. You could then easily leave the ship via the external door and walk straight into the heart of the station