Docking, cameras, and ship mechanics

Reaction score
    First off, I'm super happy to see the new docking zone customization. It's made docking sooooo much easier in my medium to large ships.

There's only one critique I have: ships have to dock with the ship core directly over the docking module. This means that if I use the core as a forward bridge, the ship will only be able to use half the total length of the docking area.

Perhaps a solution would be to add a module which would act as a docking point AND as an alternate veiwport. Having multiple could allow the ship to dock with different types of docking setups.

Reaction score
    I also wish my ships had a docking \'hardpoint\' with an associated camera that had a view that could face any way.

It would make docking my ships so much easier if i could position the docking beam emitter on the bottom and have a downward facing camera near it, or built into it, that allows me to dock easily.

It would also be neat to have a docking emitter on top of the ship, so that i could make carrier ships with docking bays on the bottom that deploy docked ships straight down and out.