Docking Beam Only Works Once

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey guys, I've been playing on singleplayer lately, and I've been having this problem where once I dock a ship, I can't dock another ship until I restart the game.

There's no error, and you can clearly see the blue grid when you target the docking block with your docking beam, but the ship just never docks. I restart the game, and I can dock one ship before this happens again.

Also on another note although the two problems are probably connected, I'm getting a lot of:

"Server doesn't answer (5 Sec)
    Server is temporarily under high load!
    If this message does not go away the server might be frozen."

errors on my singleplayer game, although besides the one above there are no other problems I've been having.
    I will admit I do have a 25,000 mass ship and a 12,000 mass ship within a close vicinity to each other, but I've dedicated 2.5 GB of RAM Max to the game, and I don't feel like it should be an issue. Anyway I created another game folder in which the ships don't exist and I still get the errors (I use this second game to test if problems I'm getting are only present in my main game folder.).

Here's my Computer Specs if they might help at all:
    2010 IMac
    OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks
    3.6 GHz Intel Core i5 Dual Core Processor
    4 GB DDR3 RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB Graphics

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Hello there,
    may you clean/wipe your /logs directory from starmade,
    try once and then when failing to dock,
    try maybe 2 or 3 times,
    and then quit the game.

Now please zip zhe /logs directory and upload it here, will look into it then.
    (Preferable from the 'second installation' as it should be 'cleaner' but does not matter as docking errors give clear messages what failed)

- Andy