Docking beam alt-fire ignoring plexdoors

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Just a trivial practicality I'd like to see. Since the docking beam always emerges from the same point as the player's perspective, the conventional use for the alt-fire is meaningless, and could instead be used to tell it to pass through/ignore plexdoors. Mainly to ease the process of docking in tight door-equipped areas, which I believe we can all agree is one of the most painful experiences this game has to offer.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just a trivial practicality I'd like to see. Since the docking beam always emerges from the same point as the player's perspective, the conventional use for the alt-fire is meaningless, and could instead be used to tell it to pass through/ignore plexdoors. Mainly to ease the process of docking in tight door-equipped areas, which I believe we can all agree is one of the most painful experiences this game has to offer.
    Open doors already ignore RMB docking beams. but you can only activate buttons with the LMB.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Oh... My sincerest apologies, I never even considered the fact it might already be implemented. What's the most efficient way to summon a moderator to lock this thing? Or should it be kept open in case anyone has anything to add?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Open doors already ignore RMB docking beams. but you can only activate buttons with the LMB.
    o cool you can activate buttons with docking beam now
    (sorry didnt exacly read threw the whole change log)

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Really? That's already ingame? I did not know that and am now quite happy!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    OMG. why did noobody try it?
    It was already possible to activate the activation block ("button") at the station contest.

But it is not possible to activate a button behind a plex-door.