Docking Beam Activates Various Blocks

Reaction score
    This may have already been reported, but I'll report myself anyway.

This only came to my attention when trying to dock a ship within another. The larger ship that had the docking bay has a Plex Door roof over it so that I may close it once the ship is docked. The only problem is that the Docking Beam from the other ship activates those Plex Doors and most of the time clips the two together, then either crashing the game or sending one or both ships flying.

I was also messing around with the docking beam and noticed that it also activates Plex Lights.

I don't know if this is a bug, or a rather annoying feature, but I'd honestly prefer if it were removed. I can't stand not being able to dock my ship with an open roof into the vast emptiness of space.

Reaction score
    Agreed. This is AWFUL. I want to be able to shut the doors behind my fighters, but if I put a door in then they can\'t dock. I hope it\'s just a bug because frankly it doesn\'t make sense.

Reaction score
    I do believe this is intentional. It\'s a commonly known gameplay mechanic a lot of people (including me) use to make hangars on carrier ships. The alternative is that either you or someone else has to go up and activate the plex doors, which would be very annoying and inconvenient.. The only way I\'d be happy with them removing it is if you could control plex doors through a computer/ship core.

Reaction score
    But it certainly helps finding an empty bay. I mean, the door is just going to stay open when the bay is empty, right? On a ship with multiple people this would be really helpful.

Thing is though, you can\'t dock like this. Unless you have one giant bay, where the door is somewhere you actually fly through long before you try to activate the docking.

I made a bay where the door was the ceiling so you lowered the ship down. It was very cool, except I couldn\'t get the actual docking to work due to this issue. However, if you just run a strip of door down the wall, touching the ceiling panel, it still counts as the same door, so you can hit the ceiling door from the ground.

Reaction score
    A way to fix this would be to add another Core Module thing, by which I mean you select it like you would the Docking Beam, and only this \'beam\' would allow you to activate various blocks outside your ship.

Reaction score
    That sounds like a perfect idea. Seperate the activation and docking into two different beams.