Docking Area Size/Orientation

Reaction score
    So I have a 4 high, 5 wide, 10 long lifeboat, escape pod type thing which I want to use in my ship. Ideally, I would like it to be in some kind of tube, as small as possible, but there are a few issues I am running into.

1) It is extremely difficult to get a appropriately sized, small docking area. Ideally I want one say, 6 high, 7 wide, and 12 long. But if I make it 12 long, starmade decides it should also be 10 high, or something like that, without me actually choosing to make it that way.

2) I can't seem to change the orientation of the docked ship. It needs to face 1 way, which is up, towards the opening of the launch tube, and no matter what I do, it always faces down.

I have googled around, I have checked the tutorial on the wiki (which seems outdated), and nothing has helped me. Perhaps it's just how the docking system is at the moment, I'm not sure, just wanted to check. Though if that is the case, I for one, think it would be great to see some serious thought put into docking, the size of docking areas, orientations, etc.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom