Docked ship has become invisible? (online)

Reaction score
    First of all I'd like to start by saying we have had some crazy teleporting issues around our planet, i think it happens when an entity crosses a sector, it happens to player and AI ships which can be seen change position by upto 1k, bit of a pain when dogfighting...this may be unrelated but worth mentioning.

So last night docked my ship to my stations rail docker, i jumped out the core hastily and opened the plex door underneath me (think Isanth) to enter my station. Suddenly me and my ship are teleported 3000 metres away from my station and i am left drifting in space with my ship moving away from me.

I drop a ship core and pursue my ship but when i reach it i discover it has no collision data...I can see it but I clip straight through it and cannot interact with it. Neither can i target the ship using the F key.

So i go back to my station where i docked and it seems that the collision of my ship is still docked with the station, i can enter the ship and i see prompts appear to interact with lights, cargo etc but the ship is invisible?

So my question is does this sound familiar and is there any way i can get my ship and it's collision data back together again? >.<

I have restarted the server to no avail.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460741942,1460739799][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok just want to say i think i have a work around.

I found the ships core on my invisible ship and entered it...this teleported me to the visual representation of my ship flying round the planet (leaving the core at this stage will leave you stranded in space again)...i then flew the ship to another entity and docked it. Then flew back to my station and tried docking again, this fixed the issue.

Hope that helps someone else.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Did this happen in singleplayer or on a server? If it happened on a server would it be possible for me to join and witness the behavior?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This happened to me on a mp server. The ship in question was visible about 2.5km away but I couldn't enter it. The USD where it was "docked" showed a second area where I could interact with the plex door but that was about it. Try deleting the dock it is supposed to be attached to and hopefully it will release it. I had to delete my entire station, no big deal as I was moving anyway but I know that is an extreme suggestion to remedy this glitch.

Reaction score
    Hi, this is indeed an online issue, you are welcome to join our server if you wish.

Iv reproduced this twice now with 2 different ships...I have docked with the station several times. Luckily i am able to find the core again and enter it.

I built the station exactly 2km from our planet so it is close, 1 sector from the planet...it is possible this has caused the general teleporting issues around the planet actually.

doh!

Hindsight would have been a fine thing :D
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460752637,1460751884][/DOUBLEPOST]It seems the visual representation of the ship, the one with no collision in space rotates with the planet, as if it's locked to one of the plates.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've only seen this happen to things floating within a sector of the planet. Anything in the nearby sectors will appear to rotate around the planet from within the planet sector but once you get outside that things are fine and haven't moved.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    seen both of those happen actually. For the station I'd put it as close to the polar axis of the sector as you can get it and just above the planet's atmosphere but far enough away to not lag. That said it is very annoying to run into. The second one causes a lot of grief when dealing with things attacking the planet. Say you have a turret firing at the things outside the sector, well good luck seeing it hit anything. o_O