docked power generators

Reaction score
    I have tried to use docked generators with powerdraining beams to harvest the power. how ever I can't seem to make it work. not sure if its because its actually not working or if the test harvesting I've made doesn't yeild a big enough power to be noticed.

any help or description of your own solutions are much appreciated.

Reaction score
    Are you saying you\'re trying to harvest power by power draining a ship that is docked to the ship you\'re draining with? If so, you should know that docked ships cannot be hit by A.M.C.\'s, missiles\'s, or drain beams.

Also, if you\'re not in a docked ship, it doesn\'t produce power, right?

Reaction score
    aah yes the last one would be a problem. any one got an effecient solution to power big ships

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Maybe power gen built into the big ship in question, like most sane people do? ^^\" I thought that that was the usual way to power ships? XD

Reaction score
    putting powerblocks on the ship gets very ineffecient when u hit the 1mil soft cap, which I ofcourse already have in place, and rather then filling up 60% of the ship with power gen/ tanks I would like to know if there is a more effecient way of going about with it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    To my knowledge, there is no other way that is as efficient, nor as simplistic. Perhaps someone else has a different answer, but I don\'t think that there is really a better way at the moment, unless you have lackeys willing to keep power supply beams trained on you. ;P

eeg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe you could put power transmission beams inside the turrets themselves to transfer power in, rather than power drain beams on the mothership? It\'s worth a shot.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Then you would have to have someone to man said turrets, as AIs, sadly, cannot currently make use of power supply beams.