Dock update problem (technical version)

Reaction score
    I know this has been posted before but I am going to approach this from a more technical direction.

One problem I am encountering is the change in docking mechanics. In the past the docks would allow ships dock that are up to 5 blocks out from the core. Now just to destroy the functionality of ships and turrets already built, docks will only allow ships out 4 forward and 5 backwards from the core, and five to the left and four to the right of the core. The dock needs major Tweaking because now I have to totally rethink my Turrets and ship designs.

The readjusting of the docking area also affects most ship design. I had noted the difference where the core would allow ships to dock that were up to 5 blocks out, but the enhancer itself only needed an area of 3 out from the docking enhancer to function.

Although it made for some important consideration for ship building, most ships in the Star Made universe were designed with this in account. So now allot of ships out there will have to have some major redesign to do.

Just a few things to consider regarding this update.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Your post is a bit hard to understand. One thing you need to take into account in updates however is that some systems have been broken or unfinished for quite a while. Alpha software is described as alpha because it is expected to still be buggy, unfinished, and could undergo sweeping deep changes to function before it is considered \"Release\" quality.

As per docking function, are you having difficulty making large objects dockable, or having difficulty with turrets whose cores are not exposed?

Reaction score
    If i understood recent changes right, you can\'t have any blocks under core level for turrets only. I can also mention 2 dockable ships from my server; my own ship with 10 blocks below core, and my friends ~70m long flagship with core at its center, is well docked under a planet.