Dock or Bust?

Reaction score
    So.... You HAVE to dock your ship to something or it's gone when you log back in? Is that right?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Not right. Your ship doesn't disappear. At all. Meaning it was probably stolen or destroyed.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    Well, docking a ship to a faction homebase will protect it from other players. Other than that, Crusade's right.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    So.... You HAVE to dock your ship to something or it's gone when you log back in? Is that right?
    nothing will ever dissapear in starmade,nothing.
    The only explanation is that someone stole it or destroyed it,as Crusade prev. said

Reaction score
    nothing will ever dissapear in starmade,nothing.
    The only explanation is that someone stole it or destroyed it,as Crusade prev. said
    I would add that "destroyed" includes being destroyed by AI pirates under certain conditions - only if the sector happens to be loaded while you're offline (which is only possible for multi-player) and you were unlucky.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Chances are you heard that because it is a server rule for Mushroomfleet. It doesn't disappear, players are just free to take undocked, unfactioned stuff.

Reaction score
    I have never had a ship stolen while offline. My rule is - if I dont have access to homebase docking, I make the ship simple enough so I can absorb it all into inventory when I am done. Otherwise, I make sure to have docking available once I am constructing more complex ships.

Reaction score
    Thanks guys, that helped me out a lot. I was having memory issues so I was playing for 30 mins or an hour and then relogging/rebooting. Every time I logged back in my ship was gone; no biggie as it was just a core with some power and a thruster. I just didn't want to make a 'real' ship till I figured out how to keep it. I've built a dock and a big shiny new ship and everything seems to be working fine.