Dock not too small, but can't dock?

Reaction score
    Hello,

I've been trying everything to get this hanger setup to work so I can dock. Made the dock size larger than needed and removed and replaced docking modules several times in different locations. Still pops up the message that it's 'too small'. Has anyone else encountered this? I suspect the hanger wall has something to do with it even though it's outside the border... Anyway, thanks is advance. (Pic doesn't show height very well, but it should definitely be enough)
    Docking bug.png

Reaction score
    On a related note, it would be nice if you could tell what dimension was off in the message :)

Reaction score
    Docking logic is flawed and has a bazillion bugs. You will have to wait until docking logic gets a revamp/Overhaul. I've encountered that issue to0, many times, and I always have to make my docking boxes Bigger than the turret/ship I'm docking.

AL so, remember docking right now uses the core as the center of mass of a ship, regardless of where it actually is. SO that might be the issue, too.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    yeah, as Admiral.Piett said, docking uses the core as the center of the ship, meaning the docking box must be large enough to have the core at the center of the dock and the entire ship within the docking perimeter

Reaction score
    Docking logic is flawed and has a bazillion bugs. You will have to wait until docking logic gets a revamp/Overhaul. I've encountered that issue to0, many times, and I always have to make my docking boxes Bigger than the turret/ship I'm docking.

AL so, remember docking right now uses the core as the center of mass of a ship, regardless of where it actually is. SO that might be the issue, too.
    Well, the core issue explains it... it's sitting pretty far forward in the ship. Thanks for the help!