Do we now have vulnerable docked entities on Stations?

Reaction score
    How does it work exactly? If my rail of the docked entity is outside of the shield bubble, how does it behave?

Or from the other side: If my docked entity has it's docking rail inside the shield bubble, but overlaps parts of it outside of the shield sphere: Is the whole docked entity protected, or only a fraction of it that's inside the stations shield bubble?

The point is, that there are some possibilities to unlock, if I can have some entities without shields on my station. Those could be capturable for some minigames for servers.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    From what I know and have been told by fellow players, docking a ship DOES NOT deactivate its shields unless the recharger group of those shields overlaps with a shield bubble of a larger group either on the docked ship or the entity it docks to. I, however, have not tested this theory myself. The best way to test this out is to create two entities with shields and dock one to the other.

Reactions: kiddan
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    YamiHikari ... i have tested it ... the shield charges .. get shown as active .. uses power. sadly however it didnt block my handlaser and the structure took damage. have to test futher ... but i think that clearly is a bug. (talked in #bugs about it)

Reactions: YamiHikari
    Reaction score
    Okay so it doesn't matter if the rail is within the shield bubble, but if the actual blocks on that docked entity are enclosed from the mother's shield bubble?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay so it doesn't matter if the rail is within the shield bubble, but if the actual blocks on that docked entity are enclosed from the mother's shield bubble?
    That is how I would expect it to work. Only the blocks inside the bubble get the effects of the shields. Haven't tested it with non-homebase stations with large docked ships, but my assumption on how it should work is that any blocks of the ship inside of the station's shields are protected by the station, while any blocks poking out of that would need protection from the ship's shield generators.