Display module qustion

Reaction score
    Hi everyone, I just have a quick question: is there a way to change the allowed number of lines and characters in the display module? I am trying to do floating text on the bridge of one of my ships, but I'd like to be able to have the display modules hidden. Unfortunately, the max number of lines and characters limits the distance I can place the display module from where I'd like my text. I was wondering if I can increase the allowed amount.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Unfortunately there is no way to increase the number of lines or characters. But there are allot of ways to get all kinds of cool effects with hidden display modules.

Check these two videos by ToasterBorst out:

Reaction score
    alterintel, thanks for posting that. I had seen the first video already, but that second one blew me away. I'm sitting at work now, and now I'm going to be preoccupied trying to figure out just how he did some of that stuff. I'm going to download that world and play around with it tonight.
    I might be able to use some of that to do what I had originally intended.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    If you have the space try using two displays with different offsets. Then both of them can contribute to your wall of floating text. You could even have two different colors for the text.