Display FPS Drop Bug since 12 months still existing

Reaction score
    Hello dear staff team and readers.

I have a bug, that gives me fps drops. From a constant framerate of 60 it drops down to 15 fps and lower, in certain chunks of my base.

This is related to display modules: If I delete a certain module, the fps drop would go away. It doesn't happen right when I start building the base, and it only happens after a while, and it happens on random display modules. Often it happens after I placed and wrote onto the 20th display module. If I place new display modules in other not-fps-dropping chunks my fps don't drop. It happens absolutely sporadic and I don't know what it is.

Now this bug allready exists since around 1 year. I thought that it would be gone with the new update, but it still exists unaltered.

This bug happend on my old station, and it now happens on a totally new station I just began building 1 week ago on Brierie.

Did someone else also encounter this bug?

I upload the station as copy out of my blueprints folder, I fear that I use the export tool, it might alter the display code of the station.

Do I need to export it?

The chunk that has the lag problem is marked with a long red line of red hull, that points towards carved larimar below it. Move your camera in build mode between the carved larimar ( it is inside the big round dome, next to the statue) and your fps should drop. Well at least my fps drop.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hey for now I just solve the issue by deleting many display blocks on my station. It's not cool but it works.

Do you guys know if this bug got allready reported?

Lancake

I mean I gladly report it or upload the station in the "export" format.

Just talk with me please.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    So the fps drop happens on module #20 and above? Does this also happen in sp?

Reaction score
    So the fps drop happens on module #20 and above? Does this also happen in sp?
    It often happens after some number of modules got placed, the number is random and 20 is just a guiding amount. And I can even copy the station and respawn the blueprint from the server into singleplay, the behaviour is still the same. Only removing the modules again fixes it. It also comes from docked entities and is not related to stations. It's just that I have the most modules on stations and thus it happens there most times.