display block options or simply textureless lighting

Reaction score
    Being utterly bored at work, i was thinking about how great the lighting in Starmade IS. we all have played with it. one thing thou was the ammount of work to get specific lighting arrangements. the extra blocks to try and hide a light block, to control how the light was emitted. So my small suggestion is.

Either making individual textureless lighting blocks Or

Give the display block a few more unique variables

To go textureless outside buildmode
    adding a hexcode for light emission. with a added strength variable for size of light source.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Either that or do away with the radial and do a rolling block select like the tumblers of an old school combination bike lock.

Reaction score
    iv thought about that... was trying to be block ID conscious, with display block, added bonus could change the light color through logic, and allow the floating text that toastborst perfected be a bit more easy with simply a <t=0> as the blankspaces and stuff does get annoying. also having the display block glow a specific color without it being textureless would have uses for added display block detailing

thou we do have that 1 bit that was moved for the LoD block that could be used for a toggled texture off on lightblocks :P

Last edited: